Where: Parc Y Pratt Farm, Cardigan, SA43 3DR, United Kingdom
When: Friday 13th May 9:30 - 5pm
Spend the day with Jen and Anja learning and practicing the ancient technique of preserving. And share a delicious lunch of things made that morning and afternoon scones with preserves.
WHAT YOU'LL TAKE HOME:
You'll be able to take away jars of homemade preserves including kraut, jam, bottled fruit, schnapps that you've made. Every workshop attendee will also receive a free copy of the 'Do Preserve' book.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
You'll learn step-by-step what you need to do to make your favourite preserved foods. Everything from, how to properly sterilise your equipment, to, learning the specific techniques required to make each individual type of preserved food. You will leave with enough information and the basics to go away and experiment with different ferments.
WHAT YOU'LL MAKE:
- Kraut/kimchi (This is a great one to start with as it is very hands on. You'll be up to your elbows in buckets of cabbage making this one.)
- Bottled fruit and vegetables.
- A seasonal jam.
- Quick pickles (these will be eaten with lunch) and longer shelf life pickle to take home.
- Alcohol. - fruit schnapps/liqueur - making a delicious liqueur is easy, at it's most basic you just need 3 ingredients.
- Under oil - make a seasonal pesto (to be eaten with lunch).
- Seasonal flavoured oil to drizzle on salads and to dip bread into.
Lunch will be provided by Anja and Jen and it will be made incorporating the preserves made during the day.