The Side Project Report
The Side Project Report
The Side Project Report.
Do Reports came out of our desire to understand all the separate elements that help us ‘do’. And, indeed, what holds us back from ‘doing’. The first in the series takes an in-depth look at stress, while the second dives head-first into the topic of side projects. Designed to be concise, useful and pithy, The Side Project Report includes interviews, tools, data and stories from our favourite thought-leaders. As always, we’ve pulled inspiring thinking from all over the world and left the rest out. We set out to create something that would give us a better understanding of our work and ourselves. We wanted to dissect the importance of side projects and prove that information doesn’t have to be dull.
We hope it inspires you to explore, experiment and stay curious.
How it will help?
It will give you the tools to take your side project forward. There will be interviews from people who have successfully made the leap. There will be the 10 steps you need to follow to make your project become your main thing.
Here are some questions it will seek to answer...
- How do you know when to leap?
- Can it be a business?
- How do you evaluate that?
- What are the clues that say it can be a success?
- Do you need to raise money for it?
- How do you build a team?
- Warts and all, what lessons can I learn from others who have done it?
- What things do I need in place from the beginning?
- And what things can wait a while?
- How do you tell the world?
- How do you build your community?
- Do I need a partner?
- Why the timing is never right?
- What are things you are going to learn about yourself?
- How will you look after yourself on the rollercoaster ride of being entrepreneur?
- How a culture of side projects can help your company?
- And lastly, can we come to the launch party?
The Side Project Report will include interviews, Q&A’s and inspiring thought leader written pieces. Everything to help you make your side project become your main thing.
What is The Do Lectures?
The Do Lectures is an encouragement network that exists to help entrepreneurs to go and make world change happen. It has been voted as one of the top ten ideas festivals in the world by the Guardian. The tickets for its global events sell out in one day. We also hold workshops in cities around the world. And publish a series of books by The Do Book Co. Not to mention 5 day sprints for businesses that want to introduce positive change to their business. The Side Project Report is the 2nd in a series of reports that take a modern look at the roadblocks to ‘Doing’ more amazing things.
(Cover image: Joby Barnard.)