A Speakerʼs Do List
Doʼs and Don'ts
1. Do tell your story. It will inspire others more than you will ever know.
2. Do inspire yourself too. Donʼt do the talk you always do. Leave your comfort zone.
3. Do tell us of your struggles as well as your successes. Failure is often a better teacher than success.
4. Donʼt read it. You know your story off by heart, so let it come from the heart. You will touch more people that way.
5. Do tell us your dreams, your passions, what you stand for, your crazy new idea or your brave new thinking. We need to know what drives you.
6. Do entertain. We cover some serious subjects but that doesnʼt mean we have to be serious. Entertainment is good. People learn a lot while laughing.
7. Do disagree. Debate is important. You donʼt have to agree with other speakers.
8. Donʼt steal other speakers time. Itʼs a 20 minute talk.
9. Do give the best talk that you have ever done.
10. Do stay around. The food, the beer, the music and the fire-side conversation all go to make The Do lectures so special.
Co-founder of The Do Lectures.